Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 4 Day 2

This morning, our DD had a soccer game. Then we decided to go to the mall afterwards to look at stuff to take on our trip and the get haircuts. All three of us needed them. But I didn't plan very well. I had brought a shake to the game, but didn't bring a back up for after the game, because the games last less than an hour. Didn't plan on going to the mall afterwards. But between the shopping and 3 haircuts, it was 1:30 before we got home, time for my third shake of the day without having had the 2nd one....

So I had a bar as soon as we walked in the door because I was very hungry. So was our DD and I knew that if I started to make her lunch without getting something else for me first, then I would be tempted to snitch. Did fairly well. Then made one of the soups. But I had gotten so hungry, that even doubling up like that didn't satisfy or satiate. So I ended up having a diet soda and a piece of gum.

Spent most of the afternoon not really sure what to do. Kinda wondered from thing to thing, with a lot of time spent on the computer. Kinda still in that post tax season daze of feeling like I need to be working, when I don't have to, but not really sure what I need to do. So cleaned up the kitchen and the office as well.

I told DD that we would work out together after she finished her dinner. Well, got sidetracked and was getting her ready for bed when she piped up that we forgot my workout. So, even though this was really a 3 year olds delay tactic to not go to bed yet, I set up the workout on the Wii Active and we got to it. She did very well considering it was a 45 min workout. She kinda quit after 25 min or so, but that was incredible for a 3 year old. I nearly quit at the 35 min mark, but I knew that there were only 5 more exercise sections left, and that I could do this. So finished, but by then I was very hungry again. Put DD daughter to bed and then sucked down that 5th shake so fast. I hate it when I do that, because I find myself looking for something more. I do much better when I make a serving last for a good 20 minutes or so. So twice today I ate fast, so kind of a not very satisfying day. Finally did end up eating a celery stalk, because I remember the doc mentioning once that another of his patients used celery as a stopgap when he needed something more. I think that I might need to do that as well. There are times when I just need a little something more, between scheduled shakes. But I still need to work on the need to eat because I am bored or lonely, etc, rather than the need to eat because I am hungry. Sometimes it is hard to tell if I am searching for something more because I am hungry, or emotional... Wonder how I conquer that?

No comments:

Post a Comment