Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 3, Day 3

So I am 3 days into week three and things are going better. I am trying to stay more relaxed and less stressed. Final tax deadline is in 4 days, so my stress level will drastically decrease after that. I am getting more sleep, thanks to benadryl (the PM part of Tylonal PM). I have also worked out twice already. Friday I took the stairs at work 4 times, took 2 walks around the parking lot, then came home and took DD for walk to the local Duck Pond and then we raced around it - as much as you can race with a 3 year old... :)

Today we all went as a family to trail by the river. It is quite nice and peaceful and very beautiful. The colors are changing, so the scenery was very picturesque. We walked for about 90 minutes and I am beat....

I also got to start with the bars and soup this week. Was kinda funny when I actually had lunch with a spoon! Still a powder you mix with hot water, but surprisingly good. The bars are a life saver. I am still frequently looking to chew something, so after 2 weeks of drinking meals, there is great satisfaction in actually chewing something! Never thought I would be so happy with this little change in diet. I have also picked up some Diet Rite which is made with Splenda, so doesn't taste as nasty as other diet sodas. I blend it with ice and the shake powder for a nice evening meal. I am chewing less gum these days, which is nice. In the 2 1/2 weeks I have been doing this, I have gone through 4 or 5 packs of gum. Helps with the desire to chew something.

I am very happy that I am not as hungry anymore. Also, I started my first week only having 4 shakes a day and was reprimanded. I should have 5 servings a day. That was also something the doc mentioned at the end of week 2 - that I was having my last shake at 8:30 or 9 at night. He recommended spacing it better in the day so that my last one of the day is at 6:30 or 7p. Will see how these changes reflect on the scale this coming week.

We are going to visit DH's family in 2 weeks so this should be interesting. I will have to pack all my "food" for the entire week, so am trying to stockpile to make sure I have enough product to last. My DD is very excited - it will be her first time on a plane. Hope things go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment