Thursday, October 15, 2009

End of Week 3

So I lost 3 pounds this week! After the hectic stress filled week, this is fantastic. Especially since I really could only work out 2 days this week. And I stopped my hall walking & going down to the first floor to use the restroom so I would climb the stairs 3-5 times per day.

At first, I was actually disappointed about 3 lbs. Disappointed! Am I crazy? This is 3 pounds we are talking about. I got to thinking, and the entire time at WW, I think I might have lost 3 lbs in one week like 1 maybe 2 times. & I was with WW for over a year. So this is fantastic. My average so far is 4 lbs per week - 12 lbs in 3 weeks. Very excited!

Our meetings seem to go long. Apparently we all like to talk. & our facilitator always starts the meeting with asking each of us how our week went. It is great to talk like this. I feel like I almost get more from other people's experiences than the set topic. It is nice that there are only 4 of us. Next week, another person will return. Apparently he went out of town for a couple of weeks and then got sick. So he has been gone for 3 weeks...

I am still skeptical of drinking a shake at the prescribed time even if you are not hungry. But I guess I can understand the cumulative effect, because I am only feeding my body 800 calories per day. So even if I am not hungry, my body needs the fuel. Wonder how this will translate over to when I go back to food?....

I am finding that how hungry I am during the day depends a lot on when I eat breakfast. For the days that I went into work early and had breakfast like 6:30 or 7, then I felt hungry all day long. For the days that I "slept in" a bit and didn't get to work until 7:30 or later and had my first shake of the day around 8a or 8:30, then I felt full all day long and was stuffing in the 4th & 5th shakes just because I should. So I wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing, to eat earlier to jump start my metabolism? Or to wait so that I feel more full throughout the day? *shrug*

One thing we did talk about in tonights meeting was another Optifast graduate who has a blogspot. It is http://gjoptifast.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment