Friday, September 25, 2009

Day One

Today was my first day on the Optifast Diet. This is an all liquid diet for the first 13 weeks, then a 6 week transition period to reintroduce food. I started this because I desperately want to lose 80 to 100 pounds. I am tired of being the fat one. I am tired of the lack of self-confidence. The feeling that I can't do something because I am too fat. I can't keep up with my 3 year old daughter, I can't even tie my own shoelaces without having to hold my breath. This program promotes that I can lose 20%-25% of my original starting weight in the first 13 weeks. So for me, that would be around 60 pounds. That would be fantastic. The goal would be so close after that! I am so excited to see how I will look and feel after these weeks.

But today is day one. And it has been hard. Harder than I expected. I am supposed to have 5 shakes a day. The desire to chew something, to eat something is quite strong. I left work an hour early just so I could go home and take a nap before my next shake (which I am supposed to drink every 3 hours). Breakfast and the morning when just fine. It was lunch time that killed me. All the gals at work went out to eat and I went home (I work 6a-2p and the gals decided to do lunch at 1p). I know they are all very supportive of my decision. But I keep getting comments like, this must be so hard, I can't believe you are doing this, I couldn't do what you are doing, etc. And I know they are trying to help, but it makes me feel like it is that much harder....

So, after my nap this afternoon, I could have my next shake. And then I went on a 40 minute walk with my daughter. She got tired so we actually ended up walking back to our house and getting the stroller so I could walk some more.... I made her dinner and it was very hard not to nibble or snack. She likes to eat non mixed foods, so she had a hot dog, strawberries, and some pasta with cheese. I confess, I ate a bite of a strawberry and a bite of the pasta. But then I thought, I just cheated on my first day! How sad is that?!

So, after dinner, my daughter went outside to play and I came looking for support. But I didn't find much in the way of support sites or very small support sites for Optifast. So I decided to start my own blog.....

My plan for tonight after I but my daughter to bed is to quilt and maybe work some more from home. I am hoping this will distract me from craving food enough so I don't go hunting in the kitchen for something to eat....

No comments:

Post a Comment