Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Five

Each day gets easier. But mealtimes seem to be the worst. Mainly because even after the shake, I am still hungry. So can't wait until my stomach shrinks and I stop feeling hungry.

Met with the trainer at the Life Center today. She helped me set up a weight training program and took my measurements. So I mostly have a starting point now. I just need to get some before photos.

One great thing about working with the Optifast center here is that it is through the hospital and is also tied to the hospital's Life Center which has a full gym including pool and trainers. So as an Optifast participant, I get full access to the gym and I can meet with a trainer at any time for free :) Right now, though, I don't have a sitter for my DD until my mom gets back from her vacation, so I am just trying to do things at home. So far I have taken at least a 10 minute and up to 40 minute walks with her every day. I also started a new thing at work. As an accountant, my job is very sedentary. So I was looking for ways to add activity. So... My office is on the third floor and the restrooms are on the far end of the floor, for each floor. So I walk down the hall, down the stairs, and use the restroom and first floor. That way I have to climb back up the 3 flights to go back to work. Also, a couple of times, I take a quick walk around the building before re-walking up the stairs. It makes me feel really good, even though really winded.

No comments:

Post a Comment